REACTOR WRESTLING CLUB
PARENT’S HONOR CODE
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the RWC is for youth, not adults.
2. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
3. I will learn the rules of the sport and the policies of the league and club.
4. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every tournament, practice, or sporting event.
5. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, players, or parent such as booing and taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
6. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflict without resorting to hostility or violence.
7. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials, and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex, or ability.
8. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a match or his/her performance.
9. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
10. I will promote the emotional and physical well-being of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
11. I will respect the officials and their authority during matches.
12. In the event of a disagreement, I will not question, discuss or confront coaches at the meets or practice, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
13. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during games and practices unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
I hereby agree that if I fail to conform my conduct to the Parent’s Honor Code I will be subject to disciplinary action including, but not limited to the following depending on the severity of the offense:
1. Verbal or Written warning per discipline policy.
2. Suspension or ejection from current Reactor Wrestling Club events.
3. Suspension from future Reactor Wrestling Club events.
4. Dismissal from Reactor Wrestling Club.
I have read and understood the Parents Honor Code and agree to abide by its governance.
Printed Name Signature